PASTA ALLA NORMA.Take your tastebuds to Sicily with my recreation of Pasta alla Norma – aptly named after an opera and sure make your stomach sing! This tomato based pasta combines the perfect balance of salty cheese and delicious eggplant to create an envious vegetarian explosion of flavours.
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (IT’S FREEEEEE 😉 http://bit.ly/SubscribeToMyYOUTUBEchannel
Share it with your FOODIE friends on FACEBOOK
Get the recipe on my website: http://bit.ly/PastaAllaNormaRecipe
Check out my website for full recipes and to follow my blog: http://bit.ly/vincenzosplate
SICILIAN PASTA WITH EGGPLANTS
300g Casarecce Pasta
Handful of fresh basil
400g peeled tomatoes
1 garlic clove
1 x eggplant (large)
Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Vegetable oil (for frying)
Salt + Pepper
2 medium sized deep fry pan
Large pot for boiling pasta
1. Heat up vegetable oil in a deep fry pan.
2. Cut the eggplant into strips that are around 1cm in width.
3. Fry the eggplant strips until they start to brown, then remove them from the oil and place them on kitchen paper so the oil absorbs on it.
4. Heat up EVOO in a deep pan on a low heat in preparation for cooking your sauce.
5. Add garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes.
VINCENZO’S TIP: Make sure the garlic doesn’t burn! If it starts to brown add a few drops of water.
6. Add 400g Italian peeled tomatoes to a bowl, sprinkle salt over the top then break them down using a potato masher.
7. Add dried oregano, pepper, fresh basil leaves, mix together and add to the pan.
8. Stir it gently using a wooden spoon and simmer on a low heat.
9. Add 3/4 of your eggplant strips and leave to simmer for around 40 minutes.
10. Once it is almost ready, grate a handful of ricotta salata into the sauce and leave it to melt.
11. Boil water in a large pot, add a small handful of rock salt and let it dissolve.
12. Add the pasta to the pot and cook according to the packet instructions (I strongly recommend using Pasta Casarecce as it’s the closest you will find to Maccheroncini).
13. Once the pasta is cooked, strain it and add it to the sauce.
14. Later the sauce over the top of the pasta using a wooden spoon.
HOW TO SERVE:
1. Serve a portion of the pasta alla norma in the centre of a coloured plate.
2. Grate some ricotta salata on top and finish with a few pieces of eggplant on top along with some fresh basil leaves
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
Subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://bit.ly/SubscribeToMyYOUTUBEchannel
LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK http://bit.ly/facebookVincenzosPlate
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPinstagram
FOLLOWM ME ON GOOGLE+ http://bit.ly/VPGoogleplus
FOLLOW ME ON LINKEDIN http://bit.ly/VPlinkedin
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER http://bit.ly/VPTwitter
Also join this Incredible FOODIE community: “ITALIAN STYLE FOOD REVOLUTION”
FOLLOW ON GOOGLE+ http://bit.ly/Italianstylefoodrevolution
FOLLOW ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/ItalianStyleFoodRevolution/
It would be awesome to watch my videos in different languages. Would you love to help me to translate my videos to your language? Please click on this link
Thank you very much
Check out these PLAYLISTS in order to create your favorite Italian meal
COOKING WITH MY FAMILY PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/cookingwithmyfamily
ANTIPASTO RECIPES PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/antipastorecipesplaylist
PASTA RECIPES PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/pastarecipesplaylist
PIZZA RECIPES PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/pizzarecipesplaylist
MAIN COURSE RECIPES PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/maincourseplaylist
DESSERT RECIPES PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/dessertrecipesplaylist
ITALIAN BBQ RECIPES PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/bbqrecipesplaylist
ITALIAN COCKTAILS PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/italiancokctailsplaylist
LIKE, SHARE and COMMENT on my videos please. It really means a lot to me.
MUSIC: Courtesy of Audio Network http://www.audionetwork.com
Vincenzo’s Plate is a You Tube channel with a focus on cooking, determined to teach the world, one video recipe at a time that you don’t need to be a professional chef to impress friends, family and yourself with mouth-watering Italian Food Recipes right out of your very own kitchen, whilst having a laugh (and a glass of vino!).
Watch the PASTA ALLA NORMA video recipe: https://youtu.be/F-sYfYMsVrI